You often make a statement when choosing a piece of jewelry. Whether you want to wear something that has a personal meaning or you just want to look flashy, the jewelry itself does the job. So, when it comes to picking out your own jewelry, do you go for handmade or machine-made?
For Special Occasions
Jewelry worn for special occasions, like engagement and wedding rings, are usually made with a sophisticated look. As such, machine-made jewelry is more appropriate since the cut is precise. But this doesn’t mean that handmade would be unsuitable. Yes, they are unique. But for special occasions, machine-made jewelry has finesse that can absolutely complement formal outfits.
A lot of people would give jewelry as gifts. If you’re particular with brands and want something sleek and fancy, machine-made jewelry is the right choice.
On the flipside, some people are a little hesitant to receive a well-known brand of jewelry. So, handmade is the way to go when gifting as you can get creative with it. You’re also unlikely to intimidate the giftee.
Mass-produced jewelry is great, especially if it comes at an affordable price. You may see a lot of attractive pieces at your local store, but then you’ll be wearing what everyone else has.
On the otherhand, handmade jewelry comes in unique designs that are either quirky, whimsical or even bold that would stand out and would make a great statement.
Now if you’re still unsure which type of jewelry suits you best, take a look at the pointers below.
Why Handmade Jewelry is Preferable
- What better way to support your local artisans than to purchase handmade jewelry. There are plenty of local beaders out there whose designs have yet to be discovered.
- You will not only own and wear something special, but know the story behind every piece. There’s also attention to detail hence each piece is one of a kind. Also, handmade jewelry makes use of natural yet quirky materials like seeds and nut beads, wood beads, and bone beads. You can wear a variety of materials that are sourced from different countries.
- Handmade jewelry doesn’t use too much energy and other resources making it environment friendly.
What Makes Machine-Made Jewelry Special
- Machine-made jewelry pieces are robust, well-developed, and meet certain standards. You can expect high-quality pieces even at an affordable price.
- If you want to wear jewelry on various occasions or even regularly, machine-made jewelry is your best choice. Pieces like sterling silver can be worn daily, at the office, or even on a fun night out. Though some pieces can be a bit pricey, you are sure to get your money’s worth.
- If you want to go for a fine piece of jewelry that is symbolic to you or your family, like the signet ring, then a machine-made jewelry is your best bet.
Whatever jewelry you decide on, make sure to choose one that lets your personality shine. There is definitely no right or wrong here. Go ahead and let your favorite jewelry bring out your inner glow.